Our primary school counselor is Margaret Shelton. She is kind, patient, and an excellent role model for our students.
Please feel free to reach out to her with any questions involving inside and outside counsel for individuals and families.
- What Does an Elementary School Counselor Do?
- How Does a Student See the Counselor?
- Why Does a Student See a Counselor?
- Helps students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning;
- Helps students develop good relationships with peers, parents, teachers, and siblings;
- Helps students improve their communication skills and develop effective decision-making strategies;
- Helps students deal with personal concerns, developmental tasks, crisis, school related problems, home concerns, health, and physical development;
- Helps ease the transition between school settings; and
- Plans and implements with teachers a program of activities designed to enhance the personal and social/emotional development of elementary students.